Jutsu suggestion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jutsu suggestion thread

Post  Ekorren on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Suggest your own jutsu here:

Write the name of your jutsu, the element required, a description of how the jutsu manifests itself and a short background story of where it originates.

If your jutsu is interesting enough, it might be added to the RPG. You don't have to be specific about the exact game mechanics of the jutsu. I'll take the liberty to change whatever I want about it, from description to name.
Ekorren
Admin

View user profile http://narutorpg.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Jutsu suggestion thread

Post  LanderZ on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:27 am

I, too, am looking for some Jutsu ideas. Mostly (actually, pretty much exclusively) Katon and Fuuton for Ninjutsu ideas, at the moment.

I'm perfectly willing to trade unique Jutsu ideas for them.

I'll start with 3: (Sorry, but I work in Japanese nomenclature and names...., and some of them are hard to translate properly :-()

Ganja Garami (Roughly Stone Snake Grapple/Wrap)
Description: Using the surrounding terrain, the user forces Earth Chakra into it in order to create a large serpentine shape of rock, capable of quick movements as it slithers out of the ground, and wraps around the target. The snake then bites down on the targets upper body, before hardening itself in an attempt to permanently restrain them.
C-ranked Doton Ninjutsu. Fairly quick to perform, relatively low damage but restraining capacity (can be broken).

Kaminari Katayori (Even more rough... ummm.... Lightning ?Polarization?, kinda....)
Description: Thin bolts of electricity wildly strike out from around the user's body, before surging towards every metal object within the affected area, damaging anyone currently touching them. Will not damage through pouches/bags, but any metal objects touching flesh will cause full damage (including piercings, rings, armor, handguards, weapons, etc.). Can affect targets more than once, depending on the number of metal objects they are touching.
Higher-end C-ranked Raiton Ninjutsu. Within the area of affect, it's meant to be 100% accurate to all metal objects, but deals comparatively lower damage than a more direct attack (useful for multiple foes, or if lots of metal is being used, like someone running around with 6-8 Senbon needles in their hands, etc.)

Hounen (Houmotsu Rappa is the bubble/foam attack seen by Pain's lobster.... I can't really translate the 2nd kanji of this. Bubble is the first half)
Description: The user causes a blast of large, sticky bubbles to fly at the target. Once struck, the bubbles adhere to the target, hindering their movement.
B-ranked Suiton Ninjutsu. Meant to deal relatively little damage, but restricts the movement of the target for a time, afterwards.

So, yeah. Any decent/non-cliche Katon ideas would be super-helpful, and I'm taking Fuutons, too. ^.^

(Yes, this is sort of like a plug.... but I'm also contributing, so it's benefitting you, as well. If you want something, you need to pay something, right?)

LanderZ

View user profile http://www.poweradvantage.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ekorren on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:17 pm

LanderZ wrote:If you want something, you need to pay something, right?
Like writing and uploading a 300+ page RPG system for free, right? Wink

I've had problems with Katon myself. Most of them seem to be variations of the same jutsu. At the moment, I'm still implanting canon and filler jutsu to the system (there are maaany of them) but some I had to make variations of for game mechanical reasons. One of them is the Fire: Mist Covering jutsu (D-rank) which lets the user blow out a cloud of flammable gas which ignites in any contact with sparks or flames. The gas remains for some time and may work as a vision-impairing smoke before the user decides to ignite it. Fire: Running Fire (C-rank) is a variation of your earth jutsu where you spew out fire in a circle around you, slithering towards enemies coming to close. The fire remains and burns like any real fire would and may be used as an elemental enhancer boosting coming fire attacks. Fire: Searing Pain (B-rank) is seen made by one of Kakuzu's mask and it let you spit out a small fireball that erupts into a giant firestorm after making contact with a surface. I guess those are the only one so far that doesn't seem cliché or too much like a variation of other fire jutsu.
Ekorren
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ekorren on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:26 pm

I'm currently in need of more Genjutsu and Ice Style (Haku's bloodline) jutsu. About all worth having from canon, fillers, movies and games are in the game already and that wasn't many. If you could focus on finding ideas for this at the moment, I'd appreciate it.
Ekorren
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kagudo Kaoinshi on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Ekorren wrote:I'm currently in need of more Genjutsu and Ice Style (Haku's bloodline) jutsu. About all worth having from canon, fillers, movies and games are in the game already and that wasn't many. If you could focus on finding ideas for this at the moment, I'd appreciate it.

Fire: Candle captivation technique: User focuses chakra into a candle/flame that makes the world apart from the candle go dark to the beholder of the jutsu.
B-rank katon genjutsu, few handseals, medium range.

Wind/Earth: dancing leaf blossoming technique: Spreading chakra to the ground and air around him, user creates little dancing leaf figures that twirl around both self and target, then dancing closer to target and by way of movement/sussuration(sound) captures target in a genjutsu effect.
A/B-rank fuuton/doton genjutsu, many handseals, medium range.

Two jutsu that were on my mind. The origin of the leaf blossom genjutsu could be from the area of that filler where they had flower jutsu. Don't remember right now.
Candle captivation seems to me both easy and subtle, most likely something to use when opponent is unaware(first shot in any kind of fight due to surprise being neccesary) of the effect any candle/living flame around may have.

That's it for now.

Kagudo Kaoinshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ekorren on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Kagudo Kaoinshi wrote:The origin of the leaf blossom genjutsu could be from the area of that filler where they had flower jutsu. Don't remember right now.
I've been thinking about adding those guys as a Land of Fire ninja clan with flower style as either bloodline/secret jutsu.
Ekorren
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LanderZ on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Ekorren wrote:
Kagudo Kaoinshi wrote:The origin of the leaf blossom genjutsu could be from the area of that filler where they had flower jutsu. Don't remember right now.
I've been thinking about adding those guys as a Land of Fire ninja clan with flower style as either bloodline/secret jutsu.

Please don't. That was a sad, sad filler arc, by any stretch of the imagination, and you have a lot of other clans to run with, with actual bloodlines and stuff.

Konoha already has... Nara, Akimichi, Yamanaka, Uchiha, Hyuuga, Inuzuka, Aburame, and potential for some Sarutobi.
Suna has Kugutsu (Puppetteers, perhaps the Puppet Squads, even), and.... that's pretty much it, thus far.
Oto has Futagoza (Gemini; Sakon/Ukon's Souma no Kou bloodline), Kumokidou (Spiders), and a handfull of others, including musicians, people with tubes in their arms and/or sound amplifiers.
Kiri has Shimokaze (Haku's clan, non-official name), Kaguya, and now the 2 new bloodlines seen in the manga of Youton (Lava release) and Futton (The acid mist).

We're not sure on Kumo and Iwa bloodlines, yet... Tsuchikage used Jinton (Dust release) for some funky technique, and can float, and Raikage goes SSJ >.<....

But, yeah, there's already an abundance of Konoha stuffs. Please don't put bad fillers into it, too.

LanderZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Ekorren on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 pm

LanderZ wrote:
Ekorren wrote:

Please don't. That was a sad, sad filler arc, by any stretch of the imagination, and you have a lot of other clans to run with, with actual bloodlines and stuff.

Konoha already has... Nara, Akimichi, Yamanaka, Uchiha, Hyuuga, Inuzuka, Aburame, and potential for some Sarutobi.
Suna has Kugutsu (Puppetteers, perhaps the Puppet Squads, even), and.... that's pretty much it, thus far.
Oto has Futagoza (Gemini; Sakon/Ukon's Souma no Kou bloodline), Kumokidou (Spiders), and a handfull of others, including musicians, people with tubes in their arms and/or sound amplifiers.
Kiri has Shimokaze (Haku's clan, non-official name), Kaguya, and now the 2 new bloodlines seen in the manga of Youton (Lava release) and Futton (The acid mist).

We're not sure on Kumo and Iwa bloodlines, yet... Tsuchikage used Jinton (Dust release) for some funky technique, and can float, and Raikage goes SSJ >.<....

But, yeah, there's already an abundance of Konoha stuffs. Please don't put bad fillers into it, too.
Well, if I can take a bad filler and rewrite it into something cool, then I don't see why not. I haven't decided on the flower style yet but it's about the last I'd consider when I must add new clans to balance out the weight between the nations. I have one idea for a rogue sand nomad ninja clan in the Land of Wind who make life hell for Hidden Sand shinobi who travel through the desert. I've also added Guren's crystal style to the system and actually tweaked it into a fun style with lots of RP potential. However, the crystals are much easier to break than they were in the actual filler. I also changed Haku's ice style to add some cool characteristics to the users, such as icicles vibrating when they're in close proximity. Since it's common for Land of Water bloodline limit users to hide in the villages because of the previous civil wars (which caused the people to fear bloodlines), details like this might make a user reaveal himself by accident and it can add to some drama in the game. The idea is to have a lot of potential clans and bloodlines and then it's up to the GM to decide which one to add to the campaigns. If I write the game mechanics for a flower style clan, then the rules are there for those who want to while others might skip it. However, I will add those kind of clans last (or even in upcoming patches or modules).

Can we focus on the jutsu in this thread though.
Ekorren
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ekorren on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 am

I just recently implanted the Akimichi Clan and the Inuzuka Clan into the system and those two clans are lacking when it comes to secret family jutsu. Make some suggestions if you have any. There are plenty of earth style jutsu already and I don't need more at the moment. However, some fire style jutsu and lower rank lightning style jutsu is appreciated.
Ekorren
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LanderZ on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:51 am

I take it you've gotten all the Akimichi and Inuzuka Jutsu we've seen? Not that there are many, tbh.

Low level Raiton? I'll need some low-level Katon in exchange, but here are some:

Kumo Hatsuden (Um, like... Spider... Generation? Like, a power-generator)
Creates several spider-like bolts of static electricity, which slowly crawl towards the intended target.
(Can be made, and they can crawl away and hide, and strike later, but they do very low damage)

Seiden Kaishuu (Ugh.... it has Static electricity, and attraction in there. No bloody clue how to translate it)
Using static electricity, the user slowly attracts a lightweight, metallic object towards themself.

Raibou (Lightning Rod, I guess, though different than a Hiraishin)
Causes the touched target, be it a person or object, to attract electricity more readily, increasing both the accuracy and damage of a subsequent electrical attack.
(Can make this work for 1 attack, then dispelled, or make it work for a duration of time, making all Raiton techniques during that time 'stray' to this target, similar to a lightning rod atop a building)

All 3 are E-ranks.

LanderZ

Back to top Go down

Post  HyuugaNaruto on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:03 pm

I've been thinking, if a ninja is skilled with water then he should be able to "bend" things that are and acts pretty much like water. So here's the jutsu:

ketsueki wo mageru (blood bend):
This SS-rank jutsu is feard by ninjas, only a few ninjas with extremly high chakra/water control abillities has been able the master and use this jutsu. The user takes temporarly control over his oponents blood, which makes the victim move as the user decides. This abillity needs alot of chakra and is one of the most dangerous jutsus in the world!

well maybe a bit overpower but it's an SS-rank so Razz
HyuugaNaruto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top